Standard period of study: 4 semesters
ECTS points: 120
Course language: German
Limited admission: no
KIT Central Student Advisory Service (ZSB)
Schematic study timetable as PDF download
Fields of specialization
Control engineering in mechatronics
Construction of mechatronic systems
In the master's program, the scientific qualifications acquired in the bachelor's program are further deepened or supplemented. Graduates are able to independently apply scientific knowledge and methods and evaluate their significance and scope for solving complex scientific and social problems.
The student shapes the field of study and thus the subject focus of the program by selecting the specialization subject and the elective modules in the interdisciplinary subject. The individual selection of elective modules is approved by a student advisor.
1st semester: September 30 for the winter semester, March 31 for the summer semester
Higher semester: September 30 for the winter semester, March 31 for the summer semester
Regulations SPO 2015
- Study and examination regulations
- Correction of the study and examination regulations
- Amendment of the study and examination regulations
- Study and Examination Regulations in English
- Admission regulations to the Master's program_AB_065
- Module handbook as PDF download MHB-German / MHB-English
- Archive - https://www.etit.kit.edu/modulhandbuecher_archiv.php
Subject advising by the deans of studies
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Doppelbauer, martin doppelbauer∂kit edu
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Marcus Geimer, marcus.geimer∂kit.edu
Student counseling and examination board
The MIT advising teams of the ETIT faculty are your contact persons for all general questions regarding the study program, the course of studies and administrative procedures. They are also your first point of contact for inquiries or applications to the examination board.
Studiengangservice ETIT (Bldg. 30.36, NEU Room 115), E-Mail Master-Info∂etit.kit.edu
For questions regarding the professional internship, students should contact the Internship Office from the Department ETIT
Contact ETIT-Internship Office: praktikantenamt∂etit.kit.edu
Admission to the Master's program
For questions regarding admission to the MIT master's program, students and prospective students should contact the MIT Admissions Committee.
Student Services/Study Office / Mail
Student Council: Working Group Mechatronics and Information Technology (AK-MIT)
- Form according to § 3(2) No. 2 of the admission statutes 2018_AB_065
- Attachment for the admission of a master thesis at the Faculty of Computer Science
- Admission to a master thesis at a company
- Recognition agreement for external study achievements
- Recognition of external examination achievements
Individual study plans:
How do I organize myself in the Master's program - organization, procedures and deadlines?
What do I need to know about the Master's thesis?(German instructions) / (English instructions)
- What do I have to consider when exmatriculating?
Other information related to the study program:
- Rules for the probity of examinations and internships
- Rules to ensure good scientific practice at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Theses are advertised on the websites of the institutes and/or accessible in the KIT network (KIT-WLAN or via VPN) in the machPortal.
- Calendar of events of the central student advisory service: https://www.sle.kit.edu/imstudium/veranstaltungskalender.php